Did you know the skin is the largest organ in the body? Sometimes we forget just how important our skin is, so take care of your skin now and it will thank you in the long run! My philosophy is to master the base so we can enjoy the confidence of glowing skin and feel as if we don’t need to wear any makeup at all. Seeing noticeable changes in your skin requires commitment! To help out, I’ve put together my 3 hot tips on how to get your skin looking and feeling its best (think of it like your workout routine, for your skin!)
- Wash your face immediately after your workout
A good workout gives your skin a boost of oxygenated blood which can leave your skin with a radiant glow. However, if you don’t take care of your skin after you work out, the sweat and dirt can cause you to break out. The longer sweat is on your face/body the more dirt, oil and bodily fluids build-up which affects your skin’s overall pH levels and ultimately clogs your pores.
Here’s a quick little skincare routine I find works best:
- Use a gentle cleanser – If you’re unable to get to a sink promptly to do your full cleanse routine a cleansing facial wipe will do the trick! Recommended product: Cosmedix Benefit Clean Gentle cleaner
- Pat down your skin with a towel – Don’t wipe! As this can irritate the skin and leave your skin feeling drier and uncomfortably tight
- Calm your skin down with a facial mist – Give your skin a boost after a sweaty session! Ingredient wise, anything hydrating, soothing or brightening will do the trick: think along the lines of rosewater, cucumber, green tea and vitamin C.
2. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate
Your skin naturally sheds dead surface cells, but sometimes it needs a little extra help. Exfoliating your skin 1-2 times a week with an exfoliant that contains alpha-hydroxy acids (like glycolic and lactic acids) and beta-hydroxy acids (like salicylic acid) helps to churn through dead skin cells that build up over time. Which, in turn help to even out skin tone and smooth overall texture. Think of this as a chance to move your face muscles and activate lymphatic drainage too – like a mini face cardio session!
Recommended product: Cosmedix Purity Detox Scrub
3. Make your rest day count
Bare skin is in! Makeup ingredients can be quite heavy and aggravating which can clog and congest our skin. So, your rest day is the perfect time to let your skin breathe. Use this time to let your skin have a chance to heal, repair and replenish by going makeup FREE. It’s also the perfect time to book a treatment in, resting your body and mind, while letting your skin take centre stage.
At the bySTELLA Skin Clinic we’re about results-driven whole-body experiences where we place a heavy focus on replenishing your skin from the inside out. Our HydraFacial treatments are the latest craze as they uncover a new layer of skin with gentle exfoliation and relaxing resurfacing. It combines a deep clean and exfoliation, extractions and a hydrating, antioxidant rejuvenation for instantly brighter, cleaner and clearer skin.
Book in a treatment today!